Gregors Room

 In-Process Photos




Final Photos


Confinement 
Ink and printer paper, 12 x 8.5 x 13 in




Artist Statement:
     In my work, I captured Gregors confinement and depression. It seems normal at first glance but then the details begin to shine through. I went with what I believe to be a 1920s style bedroom. Metal bed frame, blue striped sheets, a trunk, and a shag woven carpet. I chose limited items that were similar in shape that complimented each other not competed. I visualized a space for Gregor that had the possibility of being safe. It had all the potential to host a great life. Everything is lopsided and dirty. His life was turned upside down. While his previous life was nothing to brag about, this new life was one that no one ever wanted. He was abused and uncared for. I used blue as the main color to represent coldness and depression. Gregor is a spider that is mangled and laying low to the ground. He spends his life in this confined mess. The spreading of nastiness on the walls is a representation of the pain that has slowly crept in. He is left with nothing not even himself. 





Comments

Popular Posts