A Few of My Favorite Things



Green Glass Straw: I love using straws but I wanted something more sustainable. I found an amber colored one at a local shop one day and continued to buy more. I like glass straws because I can see through them and I feel that they actually get cleaned. I have four glass straws in total but the green is my favorite. Its probably because green is my favorite color.

Handmade Creme Vase: I found this vase on a Friday night art walk downtown. Everything in the shop was relatively expensive, along with the rest of the galleries that had work available. I saw it and wanted it immediately. I was shocked when I saw that it was only five dollars. It is my first purchase from a gallery and I will always remember it. 

Polaroid of My Great Grandparents: I took this Polaroid in 2020, my papaw passed away in January of 2021. I know I have digital versions of photos but he touched this one and held it. I love being able to physically hold something someone else did. 

White High Top Converse: These shoes have always been in my closet. I have had them from age eight to twenty. Of course its been different pairs but always there. I wore them before they were cool. 

Palette Knifes: These palette knifes were my great grandmothers. She left it up to my Mamaw to decide when I was ready for them. She gave them to me a few years ago and recently gave me her oil paint tin too. 

Chanel Perfume: This is the first perfume I got that wasn't from bath and body works. I still like those perfumes and scents but this was my first expensive perfumes. My mom got it for me. 

Vintage Dooney & Bourke Bag: A close family friend use to always give me little bags. Old or New, it didn't matter to me. I was at a thrift stores one day when I saw this bag. I was upset because it was still $100. I looked at the tag and saw that it was actually 75% off. It was the first and so far only "luxury" bag I've bought. I don't care too much about brands but it makes me think of her.


Comments

Popular Posts